Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Lemon Chicken

Lila:
On Friday I made lemon chicken which is chicken that is basically poached in this sauce that consists of lemon, butter, white wine, and mushrooms. Okay I was so excited that I basically got to poach a chicken because I've always wanted to poach a chicken. The next thing I want to do is brine chicken. I know that brining a chicken sounds kind of weird  but it's supposed to actually be quite tasty, well at least that's what I heard on one of my class science trips and that was the only cool thing we did in science class all year (the trip was to a restaurant and was a pickle tasting.) Anyway I normally hate mushrooms but this made them actually taste somewhat good and that's saying a lot because I usually try not to touch mushrooms. Bye I have to do my piles of math homework.


Ambika:
I would just like to clarify that this was poached boneless chicken breast. Lila found this recipe on epicurious (we LOVE epicurious as you know by now I'm sure). It was really delicious and pretty easy to make, so this will go into the regular dinner rotation for sure. Even Pavan loved it! The sauce was so yummy I wish we had made rice with this - we will make sure to next time!


 We did make another favorite veggie dish to go with the chicken: mashed cauliflower. Ok actually it's pureed cauliflower. Great substitute for mashed potatoes. Just steam the cauliflower florets and then puree them in a food processor with LOTS of butter and salt and pepper. 


No comments:

Post a Comment