Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Panini with Grandma

Lila:
0n Friday or at least I think it was Friday but anyway I was staying over at my grandma's apartment for the day/previous night. My grandma has a panini press at her apartment so I came up with the idea to make paninis. So we made this amazing broccoli rabe and provolone panini, it was one of the most amazing paninis I've ever had not considering that I have only had two paninis in my life. The recipe consisted of one pretty hard to find thing: a sliced Italian round loaf that had to be 1/4 of an inch thick and it had to be 8-9 inches long. Well it was hard to find with the selection of supermarkets in her area so we improvised and bought two rolls of ciabatta bread instead and they turned out heavenly. The recipe also called for anchovies and my grandma was a bit reluctant because who really likes anchovies but when I said that anchovies were a flavor enhancer she was sold. Bye I've got to go eat dinner because I'm starved.

Ambika:
Lila used this panini recipe from epicurious. I'm glad I wasn't around for this dish as it would have been torture (no bread for me - sigh). Lila forgot to take pictures of the paninis but she did take a pic of the pasta they made together with tomato, basil and fresh mozzarella. Looks yummy!


No comments:

Post a Comment