Thursday, August 9, 2012

Potato Pancakes


Lila:
So today I made potato pancakes which were pretty good. They weren’t the best potato pancakes I’ve ever had. The best potato pancakes I’ve ever had were in third grade when one kid’s mom made them, those were superb. However the kid’s mom was a former food network chef so I can’t exactly make food network caliber potato pancakes - well at least not yet anyways. I don’t know why but they didn’t exactly have the right flavor, maybe it was because I used grape seed oil instead of canola oil. Anyway so in the recipe it said that you have to grate a large onion and let me tell you grating an onion is not a fun time. I mean anything that is onion chopping is a bad thing but onion grating is in a whole different category, it’s 1,000 times worse than bad because bad, well, just does not justify the awful stinging in your eyes. 
So bye I’m off to watch TV.       





Ambika: 
Lila really did do everything for this recipe, since I have never made them myself. I thought they were delicious - just needed salt. Here is the recipe we used. The mom Lila was referring to (former food network chef) wrote a cookbook  I remember: Kitchen Playdates: Easy Ideas for Entertaining That Includes the Kids ** 70 Delicious Recipes by Lauren Deen. Perhaps this book includes the superb potato pancake recipe.





 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy! Love these. I had the ones from Lauren too - super tasty - I agree. But I bet yours are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete